[R] e1071 question: what's the definition of performance in t une.* functions?

Tae-Hoon Chung thchung at tgen.org
Tue Jul 13 03:11:26 CEST 2004

Thanks Andy, however, let me make it more clear.

When you run tune.*, you will get performance value like 0.7...
If this value is percent, we get error rate of 0.7% which is excellent
(of course, we should be sure whether this is really a case of
over-fitting ...
but anyway nominally this error rate is great).
However, if this error rate is ratio, than 0.7 is poor because
basically we have 70% error rate.
So my question is whether the error rate is presented in percent or is
just the error rate.
One puzzling thing is that when you run tune.*, you will also get
values like
1.2* which makes it absurd to regard it as ratio because ratio larger
than
1 is really absurd, right?
However, since the definition is not explicitly given anywhere, it is
hard to interpret the result properly.

Thanks in advance;
TH