[R] where does R search when source()?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun Jul 11 06:53:34 CEST 2004

How about this:

search.path <- function(fn,
                        paths = strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), split = ";")[[1]],
			fsep = "\\") {
	for(d in paths) {
		f <- file.path(d, fn, fsep = fsep)
		if (file.exists(f)) return(f)
	}
	return(NULL)
}

source(search.path("myscript.R"))

Shin, Daehyok <sdhyok <at> email.unc.edu> writes:

:
: Considering replies to my question, typical practices of R users seem:
: 1. Creating a special function to source frequently used scripts.
: 2. Creating a personal package containing frequently used scripts.
:
: Both of them needs additional steps to edit the function or to
: create/install the package
: when a script file is edited or added. My suggestion can save the effort.
: In the sense to make R more convenient environment to users, is it trivial?
:
: Daehyok Shin
: