[R] omit complete cases

ivo_welch-rstat8783@mailblocks.com ivo_welch-rstat8783 at mailblocks.com
Thu Jul 8 01:52:10 CEST 2004

thanks everyone.   all solutions were better than what I had, and
simple.

R is an interesting experience.  Extremely powerful and awe-inspiring
for its elegance;  things work like I would never have believed how
elegantly  they work.  The IQ in the subsetting alone is superbly
clever.  And then it turns around: figuring out how to do simple things
can take a long time---until I realize that it is somewhere somehow
built in already.  So, R (and the answers from helpful souls on this
list) often makes me feel quite stupid.  Yes, I first search; yes, I
always look---but either I did not know or I had forgotten.

I used to use perl for much work, and although there is much to like
about it, R seems to be even better for most tasks---except that there
is one perl resource that R cannot beat:  the Perl Cookbook.  if I only
had an R cookbook...

regards,

/ivo
---