[R] Using permax with Data Frame Containing Missing Values

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 7 13:55:05 CEST 2004

There is currently no handling of NAs in permax. Your only simple
option is to drop those rows with NA's in them, or to perform some
sort of imputation.

I will mention it to the package's author,
 Robert

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:47:05PM +0100, Brian Lane wrote:
> I'm new to this site so I hope this isn't too naive a problem. I'm trying
> to use the permax function with a data frame containing gene expression
> measurements taken from 79 microarray experiments with >3000 genes per
> array. The data contains missing values and every time I use permax with
> the data frame I get the error:
>
> NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)
>
> Could anyone suggest how I might get round this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Brian Lane
> Dept of Haematology
> University of Liverpool

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |