[R] Daily time series

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 09:30:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm dealing with time series with 1 observaton for day
(data sampled daily). I will create a ts object using
that time series and the function ts().
In ts() help is written:

The value of argument 'frequency' is used when the
series is sampled an integral number of times in each
unit time interval. For example, one could use a value
of '7' for 'frequency' when the data are sampled
daily, and the natural time period is a week, or '12'
when the data are sampled monthly and the natural time
period
is a year.  Values of '4' and '12' are assumed in
(e.g.) 'print' methods to imply a quarterly and
monthly series respectively.

But what value should assume start in ts function?

Here is a time series:

1/1 10
2/1 20
3/1 30
4/1 40
5/1 50
6/1 60

x<-c(10,20,30,40,50,60) ## observation
serie<-ts(dati, start=c(1,1),frequency=7) ##creating
ts object

serie  ## printing ts output

Time Series:
Start = c(1, 1)