[R] Re: RMySQL

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Jul 3 11:51:55 CEST 2004

Talita Leite wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm installing on windows XP and the version of the package is
> RMySQL_0.5-3.
> About the errors...when I try to read the package on R I get this:
>
> Error in load(dataFile, myEnv) : unused argument(s) ( ...)
> Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
>        .First.lib failed
>
> So...what can I do?

Which version of R?
How did you try to install the package and where did you get it from?
I guess you tried to install a source package without compiling it.

The appropiate ReadMe abourt pre-compiled packages for recent R versions
for Windows (http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.9/ReadMe)
tells you that David James kindly provides precompiled RMySQL packages
for Windows at http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download

Uwe Ligges