[R] R can't find some functions in assist package

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu Jul 1 03:02:03 CEST 2004

> Oh yes. The "load package" under the "packages menu" in the Windows
> version
> does that. To check I typed "library(assist)" after starting R. Same
> behavior, ssr is found, but others like predict.ssr, and plot.ssr, give a
> "not found" message.

Short answer:  Try using "predict" instead of "predict.ssr".  I think
you're meant to quietly use the predict and plot methods provided, and not
mention their inner names.

Long answer:
Namespaces.  This means that a method for an object isn't visible to R as
a whole.  This avoids conflics should another package pick the same names.

Does this work?

getAnywhere(predict.ssr)

Cheers

Jason