[R] memory problem for R

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Jan 30 20:44:48 CET 2004

You still have not read the posting guide, have you?

See more below.

> From: Yun-Fang Juan

[...]

> I tried 10% sample and it turned out the matrix became
> singular after I did that.
> Ther reason is some of the attributes only have zero values
> most of the time.
> The data i am using is web log data and after some
> transformation, they are all numeric.
> Can we specify some parameters in read.table so that the
> program will treat all the vars as numeric
> (with this context, hopefully that will reduce the memory
> consumption)  ?

and you clearly have not read my (private) reply, either, in which I told
you *exactly* how to do that, via the colClasses argument to read.table().

Please take the help given to you seriously.  If you want attention, you
have to pay attention.

Andy