[R] Running R remotely in Windows Environment? - Xemacs and ssh

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 08:52:15 CET 2004

You can do that with Exceed too (we have been doing so for years).

The issue is running ssh inside Xemacs under Windows (in a shell buffer?
As part of ESS commands?).  I don't know what is meant by `ssh' here.  If
it is Cygwin ssh, you can only mix Cygwin and Windows to some extent.

BTW, the same thing used to happen with rterm under ESS, until I added the
--ess flag.

I think you need to ask this on an more appropriate list for XEmacs
expertise, specifying more exactly what you are trying to do.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk