[R] please help me!

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 20:40:38 CET 2004

See the rw-FAQ Q2.14 R can't find my file, but I know it is there!

I'd be interested to know why you didn't find that -- the posting guide
does ask you to read the rw-FAQ, so I presume there is connection that is
not obvious to you.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 mpalmier at mines.edu wrote:

> hello there,
>    I'm a new user to R and I am having difficulty reading a file into the
> program.  Here's the error I keep getting, I bet there's a simple solution,
> but I cant find any...
>
> Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open file `c:MikeWeather2.txt'

I guess a \ is missing there, as addressed in Q2.14.

> I have made sure that my working directory is the same as the place
> where the file is.

In that case you don't need c:, do you?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk