[R] please help me!

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 29 20:23:19 CET 2004

If your working directory contains a file you want to read then the
following should work:

  dat <- read.table("filename.txt")

If you want to use absolute paths, you have to be careful with the '\'
because that is an escape character... so try:

  dat <- read.table("c:/some/path/notice/forward/slashes/data.txt")
  # or
  dat <- read.table("c:\\double\\back\\should\\work\\data.txt")