[R]Running R remotely in Windows Environment?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Jan 29 14:42:19 CET 2004

I would also give my votes to Linux.  That's essentially the main function
of our Linux boxes, and some of the boxes are `RAM loaded'.  We just use VNC
to connect from the Windoze desktop to the Linux boxes.  We can mount the
Windows shared drives on the Linux boxes for file sharing.  One of my former
interns ran all her R sessions from a Windows shared drive on a Linux box.

Andy