[R] Finding Sweave.sty and other problems

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Jan 29 10:05:44 CET 2004

Hmmm, I can certainly remove the path from the \usepackage command. (Now
that I come to think of it, I have never seen that in LaTeX before.) I
wonder why Sweave put it there in the first place? I thought that I was
just running it "straight out of the box". Don't tell me though: I will
read the manual some more.

Murray

At 07:59 29/01/2004 +0000, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>~ is an active character in TeX, so it assumes it is not in a filename.
>You will need to escape it.
>
>It would be better to have
>\usepackage{Sweave}
>there and the path in your TEXINPUTS.  TeX is not really designed to work
>with file paths.
>
>On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Murray Jorgensen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just tried to run example-3 from Friedrich Leish. I'm using R 1.8.1
>> and MiKTeX 2.2 on Windows XP.
>>
>> I go
>> ===
>>  > library(tools)
>>  > Sweave("example-3.Snw")
>> Writing to file example-3.tex
>> Processing code chunks ...
>>   1 : term hide
>>   2 : echo term verbatim
>>   3 : term tex
>>   4 : term verbatim eps pdf
>>
>> You can now run LaTeX on example-3.tex
>> ===
>> The file example-3.tex looks OK, it starts off
>> ===
>> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>>
>> \usepackage{C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1081/share/texmf/Sweave}
>> \begin{document}
>>

>> \section*{The Cats Data}
>> ===
>> but my LaTeX log file tells a sad story:
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Email: maj at waikato.ac.nz                                Fax 7 838 4155
Phone  +64 7 838 4773 wk    +64 7 849 6486 home    Mobile 021 1395 862