[R] refman.pdf broken?

Christian Hoffmann christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
Tue Jan 27 16:51:18 CET 2004

Hi,

Here at WSL we installed R-1.8.1 from the sources. We got, however,
errors when compiling refman.pdf. The resulting file was not readable in
Acrobat's reader. We then did

dvips -o refman.ps -ta4 refman.dvi
ps2pdf refman.ps refman.pdf

Now the .pdf is readable, but has no internal hyperlinks. It is not
possible to search for strings inside the pdf.

Is this intentional, or did we miss a switch?

Is there a file refman.html? We did not find it per Google.

Thanks
Christian
--
Dr.sc.math.Christian W. Hoffmann,
http://www.wsl.ch/staff/christian.hoffmann
Mathematics + Statistical Computing   e-mail: hoffmacw at wsl.ch
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL  Tel: ++41-1-73922..  ..77  (self)
CH-8903 Birmensdorf, Switzerland           ..11(exchange), ..15  (Fax)
Zuercherstrasse 111