[R] Fortran source code

DivineSAAM@aol.com DivineSAAM at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 06:33:37 CET 2004

Dear All,

After spending 3 long days attempting to interface Fortran with R--having spent 1 week sifting through R-help and the horrific official documentation--I cannot emphasize in words the importance of consulting 1 and-only 1 reference:

Venables, W.N., B.D. Ripley, S Programming. Springer, New York, 2000.

My goodness gracious, I should have started with that book first, I would have saved an incredible amount of time. My interface to a rather long library subroutine was done and tested in less than 30 minutes!

My experience is posted in the hope that it will save someone TIME (the most precious of anything in the universe)

I hope an up-to-date and expanded version of that fabulous book is also in the works.

/Livin La Vida Loca