[R] Re: matrix __power__ (was "exponential")

VICENTED.CANTO.EXT vicented.canto.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Fri Jan 23 21:22:13 CET 2004

   Sorry I didn't answer before.

   Martin, thanks very much for your notes and for tidying the function
   up!
   About matPower, I didn't realise that where it says "pot <- pot %*% p   ot", consumption of memory was higer than it was on the original
   algorithm,
   And about the other function in this thread, matExp, I can remember I
   us   look to m
   >Message: 27
   >Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:22:27 +0100
   >   >Subject: [R   >To: Vicente Canto Casasol   >Cc: r-help at stat.mat   >Message-ID: <16400.1747.101241.439215 at gargle.gargle.HOW   >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
   >
   >&g   to.ext at juntadeandalucia.es>
   > &nb   r
   >   Vicente> my poor English. It's for years I do   >
   >no problem at all.

   Well, that is because I'm not speaking!! ;)

   >   Vicente> This is a R-version of a funct   >   Vicente> ago for my HP48 cal   >   Vicente> binar   >   Vicente   >
   >excellent. This is really    >I think.
   >
   >As I've menti   >computing a matrix "power" is really mu   >matrix exponential.

   I do agree. It did sound strange to me, but I followed the thread!

   >Hence I wouldn't use exponential in the function name.
   &g   >co
   A C++ tic I have to correct!! Thank you, Martin.