[R] Fitting compartmental model with nls and lsoda?

Jesus Frias Jesus.Frias at dit.ie
Fri Jan 23 12:29:07 CET 2004

> Now, I am including Richar Upton's 2 cm model implementation and
> Christoffer Tornoe's nls solution (I recommend Christoffer's
> nlmeODE package for these problems also if multi-response data is
> available) The code follows:

Multi-response data?, Is there a way of dealing with those multiresponse
nonlinear regression problems in R (a la Chapter 4 of Bates and Watts, if
possible)?, the only alternative I heard of was in a mail from Douglas
Bates, using optim() and the definition of the Box-Drapper criterion,

 prod(svd(y-f(p1,p2,p3), nu=0, nv=0)$d)^2

if you wish to minimize a matrix of y's in respect to p1,p2 and p3.

best regards,

Jesus

Jesús María Frías Celayeta
School of Food Sci. and Env. Health.
Faculty of Tourism and Food
Dublin Institute of Technology
Cathal Brugha St., Dublin 1. Ireland
Phone: +353 1 4024459 Fax: +353 1 4024495
http://www.dit.ie/DIT/tourismfood/science/staff/frias.html

This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner
Service, and is believed to be clean.
http://www.dit.ie