[R] customising installed libraries

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 15:51:42 CET 2004

ipred has a NAMESPACE: you cannot do this to packages that have
namespaces without changing the NAMESPACE file (and from the next release,
you will need to reinstall as well).

You can read about this in `Writing R Extensions', but is it a good idea
to be altering a package that uses concepts you do not understand?

I believe you mean `installed packages'.