[R] Mac OS X and R

David Firth d.firth at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 21:48:10 CET 2004

I can confirm that wavethresh doesn't install under (my) Mac OS 10.2.8:

 > install.packages("wavethresh")
...(snip)...
* Installing *source* package 'wavethresh' ...
** libs
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/sw/include
-fno-common  -g -O2 -c ImageDecomposeStep.c -o ImageDecomposeStep.o
ImageDecomposeStep.c:24:20: malloc.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [ImageDecomposeStep.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'wavethresh'

I use various other R packages (with C/Fortran source code) without
problem.

David