[R] Better way to find function

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Jan 21 15:10:06 CET 2004

For #1, could you clarify what you mean by `function', an R function, or a
regression function?

For #2, there are several packages on CRAN (and in the R distribution
itself) that fit regression splines, if that's what you meant by `piecewise
regression'.  For logistic regression, you can either use the bs() term in
glm(), or gam() in the `mgcv' package.

HTH,
Andy