[R] Lattices: Cloud: Background

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 16 08:31:09 CET 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 00:51, Mulholland, Tom wrote:
> When I first started using lattice I found the colour schemes a bit
> confusing. So eventually I came up with the colours I wanted.
>
> The code below was one of those attempts. One thing that happened
> however was that I kept shutting down the graphics window that pops up
> and the colours would revert to their default. So if you run all of the
> code the first window will pop up correctly the system will pause for 5
> seconds, close the window and run the code again. When the code runs it
> reverts to the grey background.

FYI, if you want to avoid resetting the scheme everytime you open a device,
you could consider using options("lattice.theme"). The help page for
trellis.device explains this (clearly enough, I hope). Note that
trellis.device() is called automatically when needed if a device is not
already open.

Deepayan