[R] A language technical question.

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 15 14:49:14 CET 2004

Johan Lindberg wrote:

> If I have 100 objekts in a folder and I prefer not to load them manually
> I wonder how I do this in R if using a for-loop.
>
> I was thinking initially to do something like this:
>
> infiles <- dir(pattern=".RData")

For sure you mean
   infiles <- dir(pattern = "\\.RData")

> for(i in length(infiles))

This won't work. I'd try
   for(i in 1:length(infiles))
or much better:
   for(i in seq(along = infiles))

>         {
>         load(infiles[i])
>         paste("kalle", i, sep="") <- saveLoadReference

Whatever saveLoadReference is ... try
   assign(paste("kalle", i, sep=""), saveLoadReference)

Please note that it might be a good idea to use a list "kalle" with
elements corresponding to the different "saveLoadReference" objects. So
that you don't mess up you workspace with many objects ....

Uwe Ligges