[R] Analyzing dendograms??

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jan 5 17:38:11 CET 2004

I think that for heatmap, one needs to "preprocess" the data before passing
it to heatmap.  In particular, if you know the row indices of the genes of
interest, you may pass just those rows with or without the row dendrogram.
If one has a dendrogram object, using "cutree" (see ?cutree)  will give
indices of genes in k clusters or with splits above a certain height; the
resulting indices can then be passed to heatmap.

Sean