[R] estimation of lambda and gamma with std errors for a weibull model

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com
Wed Jan 14 21:10:51 CET 2004

Dear R experts,

How should lambda and gamma (with std.errors) be calculated for a weibull model with age as an independent predictor? I have assumed that this can be done with survreg with e. g. (summary(survreg(Surv(time, status) ~ age, dist = 'weibull')) ) and predict.survreg with e.g. (predict(model, se.fit = T,  newdata = data.frame(age = seq(50, 80, 5)) but unfortunately I'm uncapable to sort out how to get the lambda and gamma values (with std.errors). I haven't found any example of this in the help pages and would really appreciate  any help!

With best wishes and thanks in advance for any help

Fredrik Lundgren