[R] pb with install

alessandro.semeria@cramont.it alessandro.semeria at cramont.it
Fri Jan 9 13:12:37 CET 2004

May be:
Have you correctly updated  R to version 1.8.1 before the Bioconductor's
installation?
....you have to remove, or place in a different place, old bioconductor
libraries and set
LIB var to point to the new ones...

A.S.

----------------------------

Alessandro Semeria
Models and Simulations Laboratory
Montecatini Environmental Research Center (Edison Group),
Via Ciro Menotti 48,
48023 Marina di Ravenna (RA), Italy
Tel. +39 544 536811
Fax. +39 544 538663
E-mail: alessandro.semeria at cramont.it

                      Ghislaine Guigon
                      <gguigon at pasteur.fr>          To:      r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                      Sent by:                      cc:
                      r-help-bounces at stat.m         Subject: [R] pb with install
                      ath.ethz.ch

                      09-01-2004 12.04

dear all,

I try to update my Rversion fro 1.7.1 to 1.8.1 on linux. I have a problem
when I try to install pacakges from Bioconductors with :

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
and
        getBioC(relLevel="release")

somme errors append and when I make a library(affy) for example I obtain :

 > library(affy)
Error in setIs("character", "characterORMIAME", where = where) :
         Class "character" is sealed; new superclasses can not be defined,
except by setClassUnion
Error in setIs("character", "characterORMIAME", where = where) :
         Class "character" is sealed; new superclasses can not be defined,
except by setClassUnion
Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
         "MIAME" is not a defined class
Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

Is someone still have this problem ?

Ghislaine GUIGON
Biostatisticienne