[R] Survival, Kaplan-Meier, left truncation

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Wed Jan 7 12:57:46 CET 2004

Dear all,

I have data from 1970 to 1990 for people above age 50.
Now I want to calculate survival curves by age starting at age 50 using the
Kaplan Meier Estimator.
The problem I have is that there are already people in 1970 who are older
than 50 years.
I guess this is called delayed entry or left truncation (?).

I thought the code would be:

roland <- survfit(Surv(time=age.enter, time2=age.exit, event=status,
type="interval")~1, weights=gewicht,
	type="kaplan-meier")

But then R tells me that it can handle only right-censored or counting data.

Is there another function which allows me to calculate the Kaplan Meier
estimator?

Thanks,
Roland

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed, then the address has most likely been faked.   If you are uncertain about the validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system administrator for assistance.