[R] proxy

christian_mora@vtr.net christian_mora at vtr.net
Tue Jan 6 15:56:38 CET 2004

Hi all;

I?m working with the latest version of R under Win2000. My internet connection
(using a proxy) requires my username and password. In this situation I?m
not able to update the packages from CRAN (unless I download and install
them from a local drive). I tried looking at information on the list servers
but I couldn?t figure out how to change 'environment variables' or something
like that. I also tried renaming the files internet2.dll to internet.dll
and so on. Any 'new' idea how to solve this situation.

Thanks in advance

Christian Mora