[R] runif and sample with reproducibility

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Jan 6 08:37:50 CET 2004

Hallo

I think I have seen an answer to it but did not search for it.

set.seed() with sample() is perfectly reprodicble for me (well, I
tried it only three times :-)

> set.seed(111)
> sample(1:100,10)
 [1]  8 93 38 14 23 51 86 31 75 34
> set.seed(111)
> sample(1:100,10)
 [1]  8 93 38 14 23 51 86 31 75 34
> set.seed(111)
> sample(1:100,10)
 [1]  8 93 38 14 23 51 86 31 75 34

I suspect you called "set seed" only once.

Cheers
Petr