[R] Set values in namespaces

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Mon Jan 5 16:58:58 CET 2004

Digressing somewhat from the namespace discussion, and
focussing on

> I want to be able to change the values, so that the user of
> the package
> can control in some way how some of the functions in the
> package will work.
>
> "useless" example:
>
> mypackage::username = "Thomas"
> mypackage::printusername = function() print(username)

you might instead just put this info into a list perhaps called
mypackageOptions, which would allow the user to change
things such as mypackageOptions$username <- "Simon", or
you could even write a friendlier wrapper (like options itself).

I realise this is not as beautiful as you are trying to achieve, but
it's there if you need a quick fix.

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}