[R] Analyzing dendograms??

Johan Lindberg johanl at kiev.biotech.kth.se
Sun Jan 4 13:38:16 CET 2004

I have used heatmap to visualize my microarray data. I have a matrix of
M-values. I do the following.

#The distance between the columns.
sampdist <- dist(t(matrix[,]), method="euclidean")
sclus <- hclust(sampdist, method="average")
#The distance between the rows.
genedist <- dist(matrix[,], method="euclidean")
gclus <- hclust(genedist, method="average")
heatmap(matrix[,],Rowv=as.dendrogram(gclus),Colv=as.dendrogram(sclus), col=rbg)

So far so good. But what if I want to look at a group of genes that appear
to have the same expression pattern in the heatmap? How do I zoom in on a
dendogram in a heatmap to look at which genes that are forming the
interesting clusters? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a
pointer.

Best regards.

/ Johan

Johan Lindberg
Royal Institute of Technology
AlbaNova University Center
Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Biotechnology
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone (office): +46 8 553 783 45
Fax: + 46 8 553 784 81
Visiting adress: Roslagstullsbacken 21, Floor 3
Delivery adress: Roslagsvägen 30B