[R] SEM help!!!

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jan 2 18:59:32 CET 2004

Dear Catherine,

The most common user error that I've encountered is the omission of
error-variance terms from the model (for both measurement errors and
structural disturbances).

If this isn't the source of your difficulty, then send me the code along
with an explanation of what you're trying to do (e.g., a path diagram) and
I'll take a look at it.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems.
  John

At 12:49 PM 1/2/2004 -0500, Catherine Stein wrote:

>I have just started using the SEM package in R, so I'm not sure I'm doing
>everything right, but I keep getting an error concerning startvalues and I
>can't figure out how to fix it.  Is anyone willing to read over my code
>and help me out??? Please email me if you are willing to look at my code
>and I will send it to you.
>
>Thank you so much, and Happy New Year!
>
>cathy

John Fox