[R] Is there a way to deactivate partial matching in R?

"Jens Oehlschlägel" joehl at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 14:10:49 CET 2004

Dear R-experts,

I just tracked down a nasty bug in a dynamically parametrized function to
wrong argument matching. As we get more and more complex applications build on
top of R (like bioconductor) partial matching gets more and more dangerous. I
would like to deactivate partial matching in R (partial argument matching as
well as partial matching of list elements), e.g. using an environment
variable. If this is currently not possible this would be my current most important
wishlist topic.

Best regards

Jens Oehlschlägel