[R] adding header info to write.table

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Feb 26 22:55:59 CET 2004

      A minor variant is to use "cat" for the initial headers:

DF <- data.frame(a=1:2, b=c("a","B"))
cat("header1\nheader2\n", file="filename.csv")
cat("header3\n", file="filename.csv", append=TRUE)
write.table(DF, file="filename.csv", append=TRUE)

      In S-Plus 6.2 and R 1.8.2, this produces the following:

header1
header2
header3
"a" "b"