[R] saving plots as objects?

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:47:14 CET 2004

Hi I had two questions regarding plots:

* Is there are way to save a plot in the form of an object such that it
could be displayed/modified later?

* I've been using Minitab for some work and I found the burshing
capability very handy (it allows me to choose a point on the graph and
displays the data associated with it - x,y and other user associated

I know that this feature is available in XGobi but I was wondering if a
simplified form of brushing would be possible in R. I know there are
GUI's for R but I was rather thinking of a small Tk based function which
would basically work with a plot and somehow recieve mouse clicks on the
plot and use identify to get the X,Y data.

Does anybody know whether this has been done (or is indeed possible)?

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
A beer delayed is a beer denied.