[R] Loading SparseM on Win2K

Jim_Garrett@bd.com Jim_Garrett at bd.com
Thu Feb 26 21:00:11 CET 2004

I'm having trouble loading the package SparseM in R 1.8.1, OS = Windows
2000.

Installing appeared to go well; I saw no error messages, html documentation
was installed, and "installed.packages()" lists SparseM among the installed
packages.

When I try to load the library, however, I get the following:

> library(SparseM)
Error in slot(mlist, "argument") : Can't get a slot ("argument") from an
object of type "NULL"
Error in print("SparseM library loaded") :
        S language method selection got an error when called from internal
dispatch for function "print"
Error in library(SparseM) : .First.lib failed

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?  Or what I should do next to
diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Jim Garrett