[R] plot(my.procrustes.model) from library {vegan}

Federico Calboli f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 13:11:01 CET 2004

> The `plot.procrustes' function really should be more user-friendly and
> flexible. You should contact its author and ask for amendments.

I honestly though my problem was too trival to bother the author in
person, and I thought that getting an answer would leave it in a public
database, as future reference. I hope I did not cause undue
inconvenience.

>  However,
> you have access to the internal results of the Procrustes analysis, and
> you can produce any kind of plots with them. The needed matrices are
> stored as items mod.pro$X and mod.pro$Yrot in your result object
> mod.pro. The  following should do what you asked for:
>
> plot(mod.pro$X, asp=1, pch=1)
> points(mod.pro$Yrot, pch=2)
> segments(mod.pro$X[,1], mod.pro$X[,2], mod.pro$Yrot[,1],
> mod.pro$Yrot[,2])

The above solves my problem. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Federico Calboli

--

Federico C. F. Calboli