[R] 1024GB max memory on R for Windows XP?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 20 21:42:17 CET 2004

Does UNIX R have a similar command, or does it just take as much memory as
it needs?  On a related note, does the memory have to be contiguous on
either type of system?  I am not hitting my max memory even with the 2gb max
mem set (I'm not even hitting 1.5gb) -- it is giving me errors such as:

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 387873 Kb (I should point out that
this value changes when I simply rerun the previous line).

There isn't really an easy way of getting around this, since I'm using the
prune.tree function -- seeing as how its 1 line of code, I don't see how to
optimize this.

--j

--
Jonathan Greenberg