[R] Installing OmegaHat OOP package

Samuel Kemp sam.kemp2 at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 20 20:03:47 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install the OOP package (v0.4-2) from Omega Hat using the
R CMD INSTALL (I have also tried untarring the package an using R
INSTALL) but no joy. Here is the following error...

$] R CMD INSTALL OOP_*

* Installing *source* package 'OOP' ...
** libs
gcc -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include -D__NO_MATH_INLINES
-mieee-fp  -fPIC  -g -O2 -c RtreeApply.c -o RtreeApply.o
gcc -shared -L/usr/local/lib -o OOP.so RtreeApply.o
** R
** inst
** save image
[1] TRUE
Initializing OOP objects in database 1
[1] "initialize"
Error in .identC(class(Class), "classRepresentation") :
        couldn't find function ".traceClassName"
Execution halted
ERROR: execution of package source for 'OOP' failed
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/OOP'

Anyone got a fix?

Cheers,

Sam.