[R] R: Including R plots in a Microsoft Word document

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Fri Feb 20 17:19:32 CET 2004

Right click on the plot and choose copy as metafile.  Copying
it as a metafile copies it as a vector graphic rather than as
a bitmapped graphic so the elements of the graphic (e.g. axis
labels, points on the plot) stay intact allowing later editing
in Word.

In your Word document move to the point where you want to the
plot and press ctrl-V (or Edit | Paste).

In Word you can right click the plot and choose Edit in which
case you will be thrown into an editor and can edit the elements
the graphic such as the axis labels, etc. To do that, right click
on the plot in Word, choose Edit and now you can edit it.   For
example, click on an axis label and then change its text, its
font, etc. in the usual way.

---