[R] Sweave not found from MikTeX?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Feb 20 09:53:31 CET 2004

Hi, I think about everyone asks the same question as you. A quick and
dirty way to fix it is to copy Sweave.sty from$R_HOME/share/texmf/ to
the same directory as your Sweave/R/TeX files.

BTW: Would it be possible to add a comment about the above in the
Sweave() help page and maybe even have an argument "copySty=FALSE"
that finds $R_HOME/share/texmf/Sweave.sty and copies it automatically?

Personally, I actually prefer to copy the file this way, because then
I can be sure that the Sweave report will be generated without problem
if I send it to someone else.

About MikTeX: You want to update you TeX-database (or whatever it's
called). Did you go into "MikTeX Options" and did "Refresh Now" under
"File name database"? It's not enough do run "Add..." the path.

Cheers

Henrik Bengtsson

Hamann