[R] overlay points on plot

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Feb 18 23:49:23 CET 2004

      Checking the documentation on lists:  help.start() -> "An
Introduction to R" -> "Lists and data frames" -> ... "It is very
important to distinguish Lst[[1]] from Lst[1]. [[...]] is the operator
used to select a single element, whereas [...] is a general subscripting
operator. Thus the former is the first object in the list Lst, and if it
is a named list the name is not included. The latter is a sublist of the
list Lst consisting of the first entry only. If it is a named list, the
name is transferred to the sublist."

      hope this helps.  spencer graves