[R] overlay points on plot

Tom Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Feb 18 20:14:10 CET 2004

The solution is found in  help("Subscript").
The subscripting you show inside the function  points()
returns a data frame of one column.  This is indeed a
list and not a vector.  There are several ways to subscript
a data frame that will return one column as a vector.
If you use one of them, this should all work.

The 40 page document "An Introduction to R" may also be
helpful.  In other words, this is pretty thoroughly covered
in the documentation.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -