[R] PNG Problem on Windows 98

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Feb 18 15:13:13 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:34:40 +0100 (MET), "Johannes Schnitzler"
<schnitzlerj at gmx.de> wrote :

>The png graphics are only on one computer correct.
>On the other computers - the x-axis labels, the legend text and the "mtext"
>(on the bottom) is missing.
>Attached are simple example files one in jpg (which is ok) and one in png
>format.

I don't have access to a Win98 machine to test any more.  However, I
notice that I've been doing builds with an out of date version of the
PNG library (version 1.2.0).  I've just downloaded 1.2.5, and am
building r-devel with it.

Could you download r-devel from CRAN tomorrow, and see if this bug is
fixed?  (I'll upload it today, but it won't be visible until
tomorrow.)

You should look in

 <http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html>

to find the download.  Make sure it is dated Feb 18 or later.

Duncan Murdoch