[R] Installing package on R

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Tue Feb 17 14:35:11 CET 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:26:23 +0100 (CET), Wassim Kamoum
<kamoun_wassim at yahoo.fr> wrote :

>Hello
>I have a XP on my Pc ,and I would like to install the splancs package on my machine
>what is the step for implementing them on my library?

In Rgui:

Packages | Install package from CRAN...  then choose splancs from the
list.

If you're not online, get the compiled binary version of the package
somehow (in a .zip file; the .tar or .tgz files are source versions,
which are much more involved to install), and use

Packages | Install package from local zip file.

Duncan Murdoch