[R] Binary logistic model using lrm function

Nisa Bakkalbasi nisa_bakkalbasi at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:50:02 CET 2004

Hello all,

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

I am trying to fit a binary logistic model using the lrm function in Design.
The dataset I am using has a dichotomous response variable, 'covered'
(1-yes, 0-no) with explanatory variables, 'nepall', 'title', 'abstract',
'series', and 'author1.'

I am running the following script and all seems to be working.

library(Hmisc, T)
library(Design, T)
Mydata <- read.table("author1.df", header=T)
attach(Mydata)
dd <- datadist(nepall, title, abstract, series, author1)
fit <- lrm(covered ~ nepall + title + abstract + series +
    author1, data = Mydata, x = TRUE, y = TRUE)
anova(fit)
detach()

However, when I look at the output for predict(fit), I am getting values
below 0 and above 1, which does not make much sense. Can someone lead me in
the right direction?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Nisa Bakkalbasi