[R] resizing a plot area when using mfrow

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Mon Feb 16 19:31:42 CET 2004

Hi,
  I'm trying to plot two graphs next to each other using the plot()
command. I've used

par(mfrow=c(1,2),pty='s')

to get the plots on 1 row.
However what happens is that I get a large plot area with the 2 plots in
the center of it, so there is a large amount of white space above and
below the plots.

Currently I take the EPS and then cut out the white boundaries in a
image manipulation program.

Is there someway I can specify in R that the plot area should resize to
just enclose the row of plots without generating large areas of
whitespace?

Thanks,
Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
C Code.
C Code Run.
Run, Code, RUN!
PLEASE!!!!