[R] help on compilation of R help file in LaTeX format.

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Feb 15 11:52:16 CET 2004

Jinsong Zhao wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I hope to know how to compile the R help file in LaTeX format under
> Windows 2000. The TeX/LaTeX system is TeXLive 2002, and the version of
> R is 1.8.x.

See ?help, in particular look for its argument "offline" and the section
"Details":

     If 'offline' is 'TRUE', hardcopy of the documentation is produced
     by running the LaTeX version of the help page through 'latex'
     (note that LaTeX 2e is needed).  You need to customize the file
     'R_HOME/bin/helpPRINT.bat' which contains an example. The
     appearance of the output can be customized through a file
     'Rhelp.cfg' somewhere in your LaTeX search path.

See also ?Rdconv for converting Rd files to several formats.

If you still need more information, please read the "Writing R
Extensions" manual.

Uwe Ligges