[R] parametric bootstrap and computing factor scores

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Feb 14 18:17:09 CET 2004

Dear Tom,

The factanal function will compute factor scores by two different methods
-- see ?factanal. The boot package (pretty much the standard for
boostrapping in R) will do parametric bootstrapping.

Note that the help.search() function would likely have led you to these.

I hope that this helps,
  John

At 05:16 PM 2/13/2004 -0500, Tom Kubarych wrote:
>We have a project on which we need to compare various methods for
>computing factor scores.  Are there any R routines available that do
>parametric bootstrap or compute factor scores?

John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M4