[R] left eigenvector

Tom Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Thu Feb 12 16:39:10 CET 2004

Federico  -

If a matrix is symmetric, its left and right eigenvectors are identical.
If a matrix is not symmetric, its left eigenvector is the right eigenvector
of its transpose.  However, without checking, I don't recall which R functions
will return the correct right eigenvectors for a non-symmetric matrix.

-  best  -  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -