[R] AGREP

Marcos Sanches marcos.sanches at ipsos-opinion.com.br
Thu Feb 12 01:44:05 CET 2004

Hi listers

If you don't know what is the Edit Distance beetwen two strings, I will
try to explain, in fact it is very simple to understund but not to
calculate througth a program. It is simplilly the minimum number of
operations you must perform to transform string A on string B, by
operations I mean delete letters, insert letters or substitute letter.

If you need to do few operations, it means string A is almost the same
as string B. Otherwise they are more differente as the number of
operations increase.

If you have a idea of how to make a function to calculate this distance,
it would be very important for me.

Thanks very much,

Marcos